jCron Installation Steps :
1. Check out the requirements. Ensure you have everything you need installed.
2. Download jCron.
3. With Administrator privileges, run the .exe that you downloaded.
4. Run "Install jCron Service" from the Start menu. To do this, go to Start | Programs | jCron | Install jCron Service
5. Ensure that you have jvm.dll in your PATH. To do this, go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | System | Environment. Click on Path and add the directory which contains jvm.dll. In my case this is C:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\hotspot. You will need to reboot for this to take effect.
||NOTE : Some WindowsNT4 installations are experiencing problems with step 4. If the service did not get added after running this, please do the following :|
1. open a command window (run command.exe)
2. go to the jCron home directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\jCron)
3. cd to bin
4. execute the following (it assumes you installed to the default directory, alter the path accordingly if different)
instsrv -n "jCron Agent" -c com.jcron.JCronManager -i "C:\Program Files\JCron\bin\jcron.exe" -p "C:\Program Files\JCron\lib\jcron.jar;C:\Program Files\JCron\conf\"
6. Edit the CronTab.txt file to schedule your jobs. To do this, go to Start | Programs | jCron | CronTab.txt. Follow the instructions in the file and set the following values :
LogFile - Where you would like to log job activity. The default is C:\Program Files\jcron\log\JCron.log
ErrorFile - Where you would like to log errors about jobs. The default is C:\Program Files\jcron\log\JCronError.log
ClassPath - The path to the class files or the .jar files that contain the class that you wish to run.
LogLevel - Controls the level of logging information. VERBOSE, ERROR, or NONE.
7. Start the "jCron" service. Watch the LogFile and ErrorFile to make sure that there are no problems.
8. Contact the author with questions, comments, or problems.
1. Run "UnInstall jCron Service" from the Start menu. To do this, go to Start | Programs | jCron | UnInstall jCron Service
2. Remove the program from the system. To do this, go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.